Friday, September 17, 2010

137 see HD time limit?

I enjoy a 250 gig Seagate knotty rive, windows individual recognizes it as a 137 see, I know this is a limitation beside windows xp sp1 but I hold sp2 installed on my comp, I have an Asus a8n5x (socket 939 nforce4) mobo near the 0902 bios revision, is there anyway to procure my HD to recognize adjectives the space on it? I have formatted it several tims (both the quick and complete formats) it is surrounded by NTFS now, any thoughts would be appreciated, thankyou within advance.

137 see HD time limit?

You can divider your drive, each screen less than 137GB.
Make sure you hold the latest IDE or SATA (which ever applies to you) controller Drivers loaded onto your apparatus. It sounds like a controller issue to me. Also be paid sure you have the hottest Chipset Drivers. Its a good place to start. Also Go to Disk government and verify you are utilizing all your possible disk space. (Right Click My Computer --> Manage. Click Disk management. Good Luck :)
a trick i use is plugging the current hard drive into a computer that already runs or using an external barred enclosure and format it via My Computer.

there are programs which give you the ability to win all your space though this os done after you install window and i don't really trust that method... ima skeptic and like verbs installs.

GL
Seagate has instructions in relation to this issue. Please see the site below.


No comments:

Post a Comment