Friday, September 17, 2010

Would it be better to dual guide 2 gigs or to use 3 gigs.?

I hold 2 * 1 GB sticks and 2* 512. Would it be better to have adjectives three gigs or is dual channeling so cool I shouldn't bother. I am using XP and primarilly use my PC for graphics (read: games )

Would it be better to dual guide 2 gigs or to use 3 gigs.?

As long as your motherboard supports dual channel and the memory sticks are duplicate timing, you should be able to use adjectives of them and still keep dual depression runnging for all 4 sticks. You would also necessitate to make sure you put within the memory in the correct slots. For my motherboard memory within slots A1 & A2 have to equal B1 & B2. So you own 1-1GB stick in A1 and 1-512MB stick within A2 and the same for B1 & B2. I enjoy a similar setup. I have 2-1GB sticks and 2-512 sticks near the same timing and they still run contained by dual channel. The one and only time it would not run in dual passageway is if you have an strange number of sticks.

The answers post by the user, for information only, RunQA.com does not guarantee the right.




No comments:

Post a Comment