Tuesday, September 21, 2010

ASRock 775-Dual VSTA Mobo and X800XT PE AGP Problem?

Hello. I've a moment ago bought an ASRock 775-Dual VSTA motherboard and a Conroe E6600 CPU to upgrade my PC.



I bought this motherboard because all my antediluvian parts will port straight over, so I could have a Core 2 Duo lacking spending a fortune.



Everything has be fine apart from my graphics card. I have an Asus X800XT PE AGP card, and everything is fine until I install the drivers for it. Once I install the drivers and reset, my contrivance hangs at the Windows XP splash peak and will go no further.



I hold surfed the net and this problem is adjectives with this mobo and the X800 / X850 loved ones of graphics cards.



Has anyone had this problem and manage to sort it out?



Thanks in mortgage



Gary

ASRock 775-Dual VSTA Mobo and X800XT PE AGP Problem?

This sounds like it could be a capably known problem near ATI Agp cards (not normally associated beside Intel chipsets).

Try setting your BIOS for Agp x 4. There was a problem next to Agp x 8 and Ati cards in common on a lot of mobo's.

You may own to boot into Safe Mode to Un-install the catalyst driver first if i recall correctly. Hope this works except try some of the Tech Forums at places like Toms Hardware page, Overclockers .com, Anandtech etc.

fitting luck .



Just checked, your board has a VIA chipset this is 99.9% constant your problem. solution is Agp x4 or Nvidia card
So, are you doing a clean install of XP? Or trying to move the easier said than done drive to the new mainboard beside the old motherbard facts intact. If the chipset on the motherboards are different, you are best off doing a verbs install. XP may even force you to do this.....

airspace rental rates

No comments:

Post a Comment