Friday, September 17, 2010

XP Pro does not show adjectives memory installed?

I hold 8gb of ram installed contained by a server and the bios detects all of the 8gb. When I be in motion into windows, it singular shows 3gb in the device boss. How can I fix that so it shows that they are all installed? I own a feeling its solely utilizing 3gb.

XP Pro does not show adjectives memory installed?

xp only supports 3 see of ram as you can see, contact microsoft to see if they can help out you out
I don't know if this will help you or not. Just contained by case, you might want to transport a look at the link below.



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/146912...
XP just supports 4 gigs of RAM.



Your going to need to go and get 2003 Advanced Server or Enterprise Edition to support 8 gigs.
I admit I've never see this before. If it be my PC I would proceed as follows.



1. Shutdown, unplug, and open the shield. Reseat all of the memory into the motherboard. Plug within and reboot. Check to see if anything changed.



2. Interrupt the POST to bring up the BIOS screen (usually by pressing DEL or F1 during boot, but vary by PC). Check the RAM settings for such things as CAS delays. The auto-detect should hold worked for modern RAM. First try restoring factory defaults. Then try slowing things down a bit (introducing suspension cycles).



3. Install a different operating system better suited to servers (Windows 2003 or even a Unix flavor). See if the problem remains.



4. Depending upon available parts, swap out memory, motherboard, and even boot disk (with new OS) to see which one fixes the problem. Restore adjectives the original parts, except for replacing the one that be the culprit.



Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment