Saturday, September 11, 2010

Why does WIndows XP construe I hold smaller quantity memory installed than I do?

I installed 2 see of memory in integration to the 2 gig I already have. The BIOS says I own 4 gig total but Windows say I only own 3.25 gig. Doesn't event if I swap the old and strange chipsets from slot 0 to slot 1 and vice versa. Clock speeds are all inwardly tolerance (no overclocking).

Why does WIndows XP construe I hold smaller quantity memory installed than I do?

I'm going through this right now. XP is 32-bit, so it does not natively support above 3GB of RAM. There is a method of using PAE (Physical Address Extension) which will allow your software to utilize the optional RAM (but XP will still only show the 3.25GB). This is done by tally /PAE at the end of the boot.ini.



Here's a righteous article from Microsoft about PAE and the limitations of 32-bit XP.
if you dont hold video card its being shared by the system onboard grafics
The bios is recounting XP how much memory you have. If you are on a laptop next the laptop/ BIOS has allocated the new memory for internal resources. I wouldn't worry around it .
I found plenty of good possibilities here, too masses to try to relist out for you. Give this a read though:



http://bink.nu/forums/8805/showpost.aspx...
This is because 32 bit Windows XP or any 32 bit OS, can only support 3 gigs of bump. In order for an OS to know how to address more than 3 gigs, it needs to be 64 bit.
Different version of XP, I have read, own different limitations

for the amounts of RAM it is able to work next to.
Try checking your RAM w/ CPUZ or Everest.
this website will help you near your problem or give you the solution to your : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/gener... xp i own windows vista final so iam helping you !!!http://www.microsoft.com/windows/product...


No comments:

Post a Comment